Ethical Marketing Pledge
We think you'll like the products we add to our site over time, but we want to let you know about them in the most ethical manner possible. Our goal is to treat you like a human being, not a commodity. That means:
- We do not embed Facebook or Google tracking into our site. When you visit and purchase from our site, you're not feeding data to these entities. While there is some behavioral tracking on the site, it is the least amount Shopify will permit us to use.
- We make our marketing opt-in by default. That means you'll only get marketing communications from us when you've asked for them. We've also disabled those annoying abandoned cart emails and try to keep other emails relevant, useful, and infrequent.
We're doing this because it's right, not because it's profitable. By making these choices:
- Our marketing is less targeted, more expensive. Businesses trade their customer data for the ability to serve targeted ads, which are generally more effective and in turn less expensive. We have to market to broader groups.
- We know less about who visits our site. Again, businesses trade their customer data for more finite details about those customers that do show up. We know less about you, so it's not as easy to find other people like you to sell to.
However, that's not the end of the story. If you like want to support this kind of approach, and you like the products we have on our site, then please:
- Sign up for our newsletter. This is the best way for us to reach you, and by adding our email to your contacts you can ensure they don't end up filtered with the junk. We promise to make them something you want to receive, and make them easy to unsubscribe from if you don't.
- Tell others about us. While bad news spreads faster than good news, people like hearing about good news more. Who knows, maybe you can help inspire others to treat their customers with more respect.
- Send us a message. We'd love to hear from you if you appreciate this approach or have ideas for improvement.